Executive Inside Sales Engineer
Executive Inside Sales Business Opportunity Engineer Profile and Description
Smarthost Design (SHD) Technologies LLC is a leading strategic partner approach Information Technology (IT) Services Provider for businesses and government who seek a predictable technology performance for a predictable monthly fee. Services and solutions we offer business ranges from network design, system integration, server management, desktop management, helpdesk support, business continuity & disaster recovery, Voice Over-IP (VoIP) & Network Data integration to database and website design, software development and integration support services.
We are interested in adding an Executive Inside Sales Business Opportunity Engineer to our growing company. This opportunity is for a recent college graduate looking to make their effort count in a small growing company where opportunity for advancement is limitless. So even if you have less than a year in experience developing and nurturing sales opportunity in similar position but are willing to be trained and can work with commitment to the task at hand, this is for you. Hourly pay $13.00 –$15 + plus commission, depending upon your skills and experience and ability to meet business opportunity generation quota.
Reports to: President /CEO
Team: Sales/Leads generation Team
External: Assigned sales prospects and existing clients
Initiates contact with prospects and existing clients to interest them of our services and solutions, develop relationships to explore their needs, respond with solutions our company can provide, Set initial and several other meetings along the sales process and maintain new clients relationships for mutual benefit.
Key Performance Indicator (PKI)
- Achieve or exceed assigned First Appointment (FA) quota
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales/lead generating activity quota
- Client satisfaction rate of _80_% or higher.
- Training on processes goal achieved on time.
- Professional development goals achieved on time.
Projected Time Allocation
- 65% New business development (Outbound Calling, Email, Social Direct Mail etc)
- 20% Proposal preparation
- 5% Account research (using Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social tools)
- 5% Weekly forecasting / activity report
- 5% Professional development
Duties and Responsibility:
Sales – General
- Respond promptly and professionally at all times to everyone.
- Maintain timely and accurate database of client contact data.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new / additional business.
- Generate an accurate weekly forecast.
- Follow-up with prospects / clients to review proposed meeting time/rescheduling.
- Participate in weekly meeting, prepared to discuss current status of pending FA, meetings, and challenges.
Sales – New Business
- Initiate phones calls into new accounts to introduce our products and services.
- Thoroughly identify each prospect's current environment, needs, expectations, budget and priorities.
- Effectively use company marketing initiatives and collateral (handouts, demos) to successfully engage new prospects.
- Organize leads/prospects into company assigned tagging for effective and future follow-ups.
- Close and set incremental FA and subsequent meeting by always asking questions to identify additional points of pain or areas of potential cost savings for clients when they use our solutions.
- Develop skills to properly propose additional products and services to help prospect / client companies achieve their key priorities.
- Participate in company-sponsored job-related activities and training to further develop your sales skills.
There are currently no supervisory responsibilities involved in this position.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications - Verbal: Listens and repeats back for clarification, communicates in understanding manner, adapts tone and style to individual, communicates clearly with all audiences, demonstrates effective presentation skills, and presents persuasively when appropriate.
- Communications - Written: Writes in an understandable manner, communicates clearly and efficiently, adapts writing style to audience, checks work for spelling and grammar, incorporates numerical data effectively, and formats documents for quick review.
- Consultative Selling - Qualifies potential customers, builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, and manages and documents sales processes.
- Customer Service - Maintains calm, pleasant, respectful attitude; displays empathy and courtesy; resolves difficult or emotional situations; delivers promptly on commitments; takes responsibility for resolving customer issues; and submits customer feedback to improve service.
- Negotiation Skills - Clarifies interests and positions of all parties; adjusts tactics to achieve desired results; manages conflict, manipulation, and strong emotions; develops alternative options for mutual gain; and builds consensus through give and take. Maintains knowledge of solution pricing policies and sales initiatives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Sales Skills - Achieves sales goals, overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence, initiates new contacts, maintains customer satisfaction, maintains records and promptly submits information. Has knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically solution selling.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Time Management - Plans how to achieve key priorities weekly, reviews results of time plans weekly, schedules time realistically, achieves key priorities daily, balances personal and professional objectives, and schedules time without communication devices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or related fields, or equivalent business experience
- Uses Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint effectively
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- 1-2 years sales experience in our industry B2B outbound telemarketing sales, account -management experience
- Must be able to commit to 12 months in this position
Valued Qualifications (not required)
- Experience as part of an entrepreneurial organization
While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly required to talk and hear. The person must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The individual is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The person must have good close and distance vision, be able to distinguish color and focus easily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel is estimated to be 25 percent of the time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Intent and Function of Job Descriptions
Job descriptions assist our company in making certain our hiring process is fairly administered and qualified employees are selected. We view job descriptions as essential to our performance appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-written and maintained job descriptions are also an integral part of our compensation system.
All job descriptions are reviewed to ensure only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards necessary to successfully perform the job, whereas peripheral activities that are only incidentally related to the job have been excluded. In no instance should the requirement, skills, and abilities be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Supervisors may assign additional appropriate activities and requirements. It is possible requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. At no time will accommodations be purposefully made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others, or which impose undue hardships on our company.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Our company is an at-will employer. At any time employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.