System Engineer Consultant
System Engineer Profile and Description
We are interested in adding an a System Engineer Consultant to our growing team of customer focus services engineer with at least 5 years’ experience working in the technology field with a focus on infrastructure and system support, configuration and management. Because of the nature of our duties across multiple client base and site, we need outstanding people with technical expertise without sacrificing customer services and focus. Salary range $35 – 45K+, depending upon your skills and experience and ability to meet client services utilization percentages.
There are currently no supervisory responsibilities involved in this position.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Skills - Gathers complex and/or diverse information for analysis, analyzes and defines client’s requirements, uses intuition and experience to complement data, designs work flows and procedures, identifies data relationships and dependencies, and defines solutions that overcome any scalability and deployment issues.
- Business Ethics - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications - Asks appropriate questions, listens, and confirms for clarification; effectively and persuasively communicates with others; selects and uses appropriate communication methods; expresses thoughts in an organized, concise, persuasive manner; and creates complete proposals, contracts and other legal documents.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments, matches the responsibility to the person, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities, and provides recognition for results.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to other jobs, and uses resources effectively.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Manages multiple commitments and/or projects, plans and utilizes time efficiently, responds to changing customer needs, resolves conflicts to deliver on schedule, and completes work in order of customer priorities.
- Planning and Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives and works in an organized manner.
- Presentation Skills - Tailors presentation to audience needs, presents solutions to clients logically and persuasively, explains ROI of solution clearly, engages and focuses attention, handles difficult questions and situations, and identifies risks in advance and is prepared to discuss them with clients.
- Project Management – Balances time between multiple assignments, coordinates resources efficiently and effectively, communicates change and progress, produces quality work that requires minimal corrections, and completes projects on time and budget.
- Team Leadership - Fosters team cooperation, defines team roles and responsibilities, supports group problem solving, ensures progress toward goals, and acknowledges team accomplishment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- Certifications: MCAD, MCSD, MCPD or similar
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or other vendors routing/networking certification
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server 2000/2005 and Windows 2003 -2008 Server, (SBS Server 2003-2011 a plus)
- Understanding of Active Directory & Microsoft Exchange architecture
- Microsoft Hyper-V, and other Virtualization expertise are encourage
- Office Development troubleshooting (Access, InfoPath, Excel, Word templates, etc)
- SharePoint administration
- Understanding of Client/Server deployment architecture
- Microsoft SQL Server Database platform – hands-on architecture and design of database schema and ability to use MS SQL Studio Manager to backup and restore databases and minor querying of databases
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Microsoft certifications – MCSE
- Comptia A+
- 5 years network/system integration and engineering experience
- Proven track record of managing small-mid size complex projects with a mid-level project management methodology / process
- DNS, DHCP, TCPIP, Wi-Fi, QuickBooks, Caterease, databases
- Network Services Web Services
Valued Qualifications (not required)
- 10 years relevant work experience
- PMP Certification
- PMO (Project Management Office) experience
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
- Consulting firm experience
While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly required to talk and hear. The person must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The individual is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The person must have good close and distance vision, be able to distinguish color and focus easily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel is estimated to be 25-50 percent of the time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send resume to email@example.com (NO recruiting/staffing company please)